ICE TECHNICIANS (M/F)
Job added 21st March 2019
Holiday on Ice is currently looking for an
Ice Technician (M/F)
Holiday on Ice is inviting professional Ice Technicians to join one of the most visited and successful live entertainment ice shows in the world!
In each Holiday on Ice production our Ice Technicians are responsible for building and maintaining the portable ice rink. Working under the supervision of the Head Ice Engineer, the ice technician will be required to assist in all daily, operational activities with regard to placing, maintaining and keeping up the highest quality of ice floors for the show to which they are seconded.
As Ice Technician member you are part of an international crew reporting to Stage Manager and work closely together with other technicians in a team.
The Ice Technician:
- Reports to a Technical Manager;
- Assists an ice engineer in preparation of portable ice rinks;
- Operates and maintains portable, ammonia refrigeration plants;
- Troubleshoots and repairs ice equipment. That includes refrigeration plants, ice floor elements, ice refurbishing tractors, etc.;
- Maintains ice rink before or/and during show;
- Informs the ice engineers of the potentials problems and obstacles which could affect ice machine function or ice quality;
- Assists stage hands with technical running of the show/
Qualifications and requirements
- A strong mechanical background;
- Technical secondary vocational education, with preference for a mechanical, construction background;
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and lookup specifications of ice plant components
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory and refrigeration systems;
- Minimum experience of 1 year as a n ice technician in a travelling group within live entertainment, rock & roll industry;
- Working knowledge of mechanical equipment, power and hand tools, use of measuring devices and electrical/electronic devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters;
- Drivers Licence and preferably owning a car;
- Full professional proficiency in English language;
- Ability to work and travel worldwide;
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule, which includes evening, nights and weekend work;
- A flexible attitude and a team player with his colleagues and the local technicians of the venue, as well as a person who can work independently;
- Additional technical skills and experience are desirable.
Your technical skills, personality and ability to work in a team are important values for being a part of the Holiday on Ice company. Our productions are touring through Europe, among others Germany, France, United Kingdom and Austria.
If you’re interested in this position please send your motivation together with your resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications in English will be processed.
For more information visit: www.holidayonice.com/jobs