Lighting Electrician/ Grand MA2 light desk operator
Job added 9th August 2018
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Lighting Electrician/ light desk operator is responsible to keep all electrical components of the show up and running. He/ she is part of an international crew and works closely together with other technicians in this team and is reporting directly to the Stage Manager.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Reports to Chief Electrician and assists with load in, run and load out of the show;
– Installs, examines, maintains, repairs or replaces electrical wiring, lighting fixtures and other show electrical components;
– Trouble shooter, maintains and repairs hoists and electrical control system;
– Adjusts lighting positioning after the load in to a new venue.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
– Valid electrician’s license, certificate and/or diploma;
– IPAF license 1a, 3a, 3b;|
– Able to read and understand technical manuals, drawing and blue prints;
– Capable to use hand and power tools, testing devices including ohmmeters and voltmeters;
– Operating, maintaining and repairing various moving and conventional lighting fixtures;
– Excellent computer skills;
– Proficiency in programming and operating Grand MA2 desks;
– Full professional proficiency in English language;
– Good physical health, good eyesight, ability to see colours;
– Ability to climb with use of rope ladder and work on heights;
– A team player as well as a person that works independently;
– Ability to work and travel worldwide;
– Ability to work on a flexible schedule, which includes evening, nights and weekend work.
The production you will be working for is touring through Europe, among others Germany, France, United Kingdom and Austria and is touring from October 2018 until the end of May 2019.
If you are interested in this position please send your motivation together with your resume in English to email@example.com. Only applications in English will be processed.